The Christmas season is here in full force! Every year, December flies by way too quickly and this holiday season is over before I know it. I wish there was some way to slow this month down…there is so much to do and so much to enjoy!
Here are my Top 5 Favorite Things about the Holiday Season this year:
5) Christmas music everywhere! I’ve never heard a Christmas song I didn’t like. Oh wait, I take that back…Santa Baby. Haha, never been a fan of that one, for some reason. 😛 As much as I do enjoy the holiday tunes, I don’t usually start listening to them until after Thanksgiving, because I like to give each holiday it’s allocated time for celebration. 😉
4) Looking at Christmas lights displays! There’s something about glowing multi-colored displays of Christmas cheer that I can’t resist. I love to drive around nearby neighborhoods in the winter evenings and look at all the lights, and I also try to visit at least one drive-through lights display at a park each year…
3) Baking Christmas cookies! Although I haven’t baked any official Christmas cookies yet this year, I did whip up a batch of these Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies a few days ago, for a dear friend of mine. I didn’t try any (hello, gluten!) but the ones I left at home for my family didn’t last long at all, which I always take as a good sign. 😉 Hopefully in the next week or so, I’ll get around to baking some legit Christmas cookies, like these guys!
2) Sharing holiday cheer with random strangers! I love how everyone seems to be in such a great mood in the few weeks leading up to Christmas. In stores and restaurants, people strike up conversations about their plans for the holidays, their Christmas shopping, or share a “Merry Christmas!” greeting with each other. I’ve even caught a few people humming Christmas songs in the check-out line at Walgreens! Love it. 🙂
1) All the special little things that make up this season. Sipping hot cocoa by a roaring fire, singing Christmas carols around the piano, cutting down a tree at the Christmas tree farm, celebrating with out of town relatives, taking walks in the snow (really hoping we get some this year in St Louis!), attending Christmas productions like The Nutcracker, exchanging gifts with loved ones, and having an extra excuse to get together with friends!
Andy Williams truly got it right with his song…It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
I hope you’re enjoying this Christmas season! 🙂